PHP is embedded within HTML code and executed on the server, generating dynamic web pages.
PHP stands for Hypertext Preprocessor. It is a popular server-side scripting language primarily used for web development.
Here are some key points about PHP:
1. Purpose: PHP is designed for creating dynamic and interactive web applications. It allows developers to generate dynamic content, handle form submissions, interact with databases, and perform various server-side tasks.
2. Syntax: PHP syntax is similar to C, Java, and Perl. It uses tags like `<?php ?>` to enclose PHP code within HTML files. PHP code is executed on the server and the output is sent to the client’s web browser.
3. Features: PHP offers a wide range of features, including support for database connectivity (such as MySQL, PostgreSQL), file handling, session management, and integration with various protocols (HTTP, FTP, etc.). It also provides extensive libraries and frameworks to simplify web development.
4. Cross-Platform Compatibility: PHP is a cross-platform language, meaning it can run on various operating systems like Windows, Linux, macOS, and others. It is compatible with most web servers, such as Apache and Nginx.
5. Open Source: PHP is an open-source language, which means it is free to use and has a large community of developers contributing to its development and improvement. This has led to a vast ecosystem of resources, frameworks, and libraries available for PHP development.
Dynamic Web Development with PHP — continued
6. Popularity: PHP has been widely adopted and is one of the most popular languages for web development. Many popular websites and platforms, including WordPress, Facebook, and Wikipedia, rely on PHP for their backend development.
7. Scalability: PHP is capable of handling large-scale web applications and can be used for both small projects and enterprise-level applications. It provides various tools and techniques for improving performance and scalability.
PHP is a versatile and powerful scripting language used for server-side web development. Its ease of use, extensive community support, and broad adoption make it a popular choice for building dynamic and interactive websites and web applications.
Learn PHP in 5hrs
Here is the PHP Programming Language Tutorial – Full Course from freecodecamp.org.
Learn the PHP programming language in this full course / tutorial. The course is designed for new programmers, and will introduce common programming topics using the PHP language.